MCAT Mastery Podcast: Show Notes
Welcome to the MCAT Master Interview series!
We’re on an ongoing mission to put together THE formula for achieving a top MCAT score.
We’ve been doing this by gathering the most effective MCAT study strategies from verified top scorers, and then we bring them to you in the form of blog articles, daily emails, YouTube videos, strategy courses, through tutoring sessions and anything else that can help you along on this journey to reach YOUR maximum MCAT score.
We’ve been researching and holding interviews with top MCAT scorers for many years now, until recently we thought "Why not let you all in and give you a seat at the table during these interviews!”.
So, that’s what this series is for ????
We hope by listening to these interviews, you learn proven MCAT study strategies you never thought of, that you can start implementing right away!
And most importantly, we hope you feel an increase in inspiration and motivation because the MCAT journey can be very tough and it can be easy to fall into negative mental cycles...
But as you’ll learn from these success stories, every top scorer had to deal with the struggles, the challenges, and through perseverance, through strategy, through mindset work, they all made it to the top score that was right for them. ???? ???? ????
About Kent Kellenberger
Kent is a 41-year-old nontraditional student who graduated around 12 years ago with his bachelors in accounting. He struggled a lot with the sciences while he was in school and felt intimidated by the premed path. He didn't think he could do it and went another route.
But when his father developed a heart condition and began being treated, being by his father's side re-ignited his inner desire to go into medicine.
Except now he had the MCAT, an incredibly science heavy exam, standing in his way. Not only that, he was now also balancing a full-time job as an accountant plus spending time with his wife and 5-year-old daughter.
However, despite the challenges his situation posed, Kent devoted himself to studying, mastered the content strategically and efficiently, and ultimately dominated the MCAT with a 520 score (98th percentile score!)
Kent's story is an excellent testament that regardless of your circumstances, with hard work and perseverance, you can succeed on this exam ????
P.S. Since Kent shares our values so highly, is an amazing teacher (as you'll hear from the interview) and is passionate about giving back to other future doctors, he has joined our team as an MCAT Mastery Mentor! If you'd like to work with him one-on-one, you can sign up here!
Subscribe and Review
If you enjoy the podcast, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts/iTunes? It takes less than 60 seconds, and it really makes a difference in helping convince more top MCAT scorers to come on the show. We also love reading the reviews!
Join over 11,000 premeds in the MCAT Mastery Community learning how to improve their scores for free at https://medlifemastery.com/freecourse
Learn more about each mentor on The MedLife Mastery Team here.
Work with an MCAT Mastery Mentor: https://medlifemastery.com/mcat-tutors
Kent's Testimonial for MCAT Mastery Strategies!
"I loved it! Oh my goodness. It motivated me, inspired and made the MCAT seem so much more doable. The strategies were so encouraging. One of the best strategies ever for CARS that raised my score was reading the first few sentences carefully in a paragraph. That's huge for me. When I slowed down and started that one technique, I ended up scoring, I think, at 130, which was like the 98th percentile. So, that really, really helped."
Additional Reading -- MCAT Success Stories:
- How Jennifer Increased Her MCAT Score By 10 Points In Less Than 30 Days
- A 17-Point MCAT Score Increase: 496 to 513! (ft. Stephanie Hayes)
- From 490 To 511 On The MCAT: His 21 Point Score Increase
- Siraj’s 3-Month 523 MCAT Study Plan As A Full-Time Student
- From 485-495 Plateau + 4 MCAT Attempts To 514 (1.5 Years Later!)
- Noah’s MCAT Success Story: From 496 To 510 On The MCAT In Less Than 30 Days!
- 19 Point MCAT Score Increase In 6 Weeks While Working Full Time
- From 500 Plateau to 516 in Less than 30 Days (ft. Abbi Shrontz)
- How I Went From 500 To 513 on the MCAT In 4 Weeks
- From 501 Plateau To 513 On The MCAT
- From 499 to 512 on the MCAT in 24 Days
- Melissa's MCAT Scores Kept Going Down, But She Didn’t Give Up
- How Tanmay Scored 514 On The MCAT In Just 3 Months!
- How Peter Went From 499 To 513 On The MCAT In 8 Weeks
- From 494 (2015) to 502 (2019) to 513 on the MCAT (ft. Jennifer Nagel)
- From 498 To 514 WITH A Busy Schedule!
- From 499 To 511 In 4 Weeks On MCAT Retake!
- From 500 To 512 (Exact Goal Score) In 30 Days!
- From 500 To 514 On The MCAT (2.5 Years Later)
- From 501 To 514 In The LAST 2 WEEKS Before The MCAT!
- From 64th Percentile To 98th Percentile On The MCAT In Less Than 30 Days
- How Kayla Scored 131 In Psych/Soc on the MCAT
- How He Increased His MCAT Score From 499 To 512 In 3 Weeks
- From 489 To 509: How She Improved Her MCAT Score By 20 Points
- 6 Point Score Increase In the Last Week Before the MCAT
- How Melanie Increased Her MCAT Score By 12 Points (From 505 to 517)
- Interview with a 519 Scorer, Re-Taker, and MS1: Julia Meguro
- MCAT Master Interview With A 100th Percentile Scorer: Priya Swaminathan
- Best MCAT Bio/Biochem Strategies – Top Tips From A 131 Scorer
- From 499 To 515 On The MCAT In 7 Weeks!
- Hope’s MCAT Retake Story: I Went From 500 to 514 In 6 Weeks!
- How Oleksandra Retook The MCAT and Scored 510
- How Suman Scored Over 510 The Second Time
- From 503/505 To 511 In The FINAL 2 Weeks!
- How Sara Scored 522 On The MCAT
- Taylor's Secret To Scoring 131 On CARS and 511 on the MCAT
- Tara’s MCAT Study Advice Based On Her 510 MCAT Score
- Jenny's Motivational MCAT Success Story: From 499 To 511 In 3 Weeks?!
- A Non-Traditional Applicant’s 514 (91st Percentile)
- How Lindsay Scored 513 On The MCAT While Working Two Jobs
- How Morgan Improved Her MCAT Score From 498 To 511 While Working Full Time
- 10-Point MCAT Score Jump in 2 Weeks: From 503 to 513!
- Can You Have A Social Life During MCAT Prep? (ft. two 515+ scorers!)