Hey future doctor!
In this post we have two special treats for you...
First, you're not only going to learn exactly how Dan scored a 520 on the MCAT, but also how he got there when he was just scoring a 506 one month before the exam date!
That's right - Dan increased his MCAT score by 14 points in less than 30 days, and in today's feature MCAT success story, you're going to find out how.
Secondly, as you know we're constantly researching and conducting interviews with 90+ percentile MCAT scorer's to figure out exactly how they mastered the MCAT, so we can bring those strategies to you in our emails and downloadable guides...
Want us to send you new 515+ scorer MCAT success stories when we release them?
Each case study will bring you new tips, new strategies, and revive your motivation to dominate the MCAT!
Recently we started bringing you highlights of those interviews in our "MCAT Success Stories" blog posts.
We were going to do the same with this one, BUT instead we decided to release the entire recorded interview! So if you want, you can listen to Dan's full story (link below) AND also get a few highlights here.
With that said, let's get to it! Introducing Dan Green, a 520 scorer...
Here are Dan's quick key points from his 98th percentile MCAT experience...
"I began preparing for my August 10th exam date at the beginning of the summer. I started by watching most of the MCAT Khan Academy videos and doing some UWorld practice questions. Then about one month before the exam, I started taking FL practice tests from NextStep.
After taking four, I moved on to the AAMC section banks and FLs. My biggest struggle was disciplining myself to spend 20ish hours/week on studying a few months out from the exam.
My advice is to remember that the content you're learning is fundamental to medical practice. In order to be the best doctor possible, you have to know these concepts and take learning them seriously! Also, really try to enjoy what you're learning--it can be fun!"
The best part about speaking with dozens and dozens of top MCAT scorers, is that you start noticing patterns in their approach to a high MCAT score. Those patterns, those common strategies, is what we love sharing with you.
For example, a common mention amongst top scorers is the advice that you need to remember 'why' you're going through this process in the first place. Like Dan mentions, "in order to be the best doctor possible"...
Notice how he doesn't say "you want to be the best doctor possible, therefore...". Achieving his maximum potential is ingrained in him.
So if you're struggling with motivation, discipline, or recall in your MCAT prep...
Remind yourself of your purpose, your vision. Almost every top scorer we talk to mentions this.
Next, we asked Dan to summarize his biggest piece of advice for someone wanting to improve their score in such a massive leap like he did. Here's what he said...
"My biggest piece of advice is to really focus on what your weakest area is. For a long time, Chemistry/Physics was my lowest section, so I continually drilled those questions. I promise if you do the work, you'll get the score you want!"
Over the years, what we've learned is that unfortunately there isn't one 'super strategy' that works for everyone and gets everyone a huge MCAT score increase...
However, there is one (or several) 'super' MCAT strategies that will work for YOU specifically, for your own situation, your own strengths, and your own weaknesses.
Everyone can increase their scores, they just need to find the correct MCAT prep methods most suited for them.
If you're struggling with your MCAT prep, we can guarantee another top scorer went through the same roadblock and made it through. Knowing this, there are three steps you need to take...
Step 1 - You just need to identify your major roadblock, and once you figure that out (or if you already know what's keeping your score down), then you just need to...
Step 2 - Find out how that struggle was solved by a real top MCAT scorer.
Step 3 - Apply the solution, watch your score increase, then go back to Step 1. Rinse and repeat.
This is the formula for how you can achieve a competitive MCAT score that opens doors to med-schools, and gets you on your path to becoming a doctor (the best doctor you can be ;)).
We've made applying Step 1 and 2 easy for you through our downloadable resources, especially the Top Scorer MCAT Strategy Guide.
Around a month before his big test day, he was scoring a 506. So Dan increased his MCAT score by 14 points in less than 30 days before the MCAT...
Something shifted for him within those few weeks. What was it?
He learned MCAT test taking strategy.
He learned how to approach an exam like the MCAT by using the Top Scorer MCAT Strategy Guide...
"I found it about two weeks before my exam, but I wish I'd found it sooner! Sure I knew the content, but I had no idea how to take the actual exam. It provided loads of tips on how to structure your study strategy and how to approach the problems. The study plan advice was especially helpful to me since I was self-studying and designing my own strategy."
Do you know how to take the actual exam in the most effective ways?
Do you know how to approach the problems the way top scorers approach them?
Often premeds feel they have 'taking exams' down! Often they overestimate how much content review they need to do. Often they feel like the MCAT is just another exam that they've been studying for all their lives, but it's not.
It requires strategy, and until students realize that, they're not going to see their scores hit competitive levels.
Get MCAT strategy handled as soon as you can. Dan demolished the MCAT by learning these strategies only 2 weeks before his test date...
Imagine what you can do if you're a month or more away and you start using these proven 90+ percentile MCAT methods.
We know MCAT prep can be really frustrating...
It can often feel overwhelming with all the material and all the questions, and the thought of you getting rejected from med-school after having spent so much time and money can be scary. We completely get it...
But we want you to remember that every top scorer who is currently in med-school had similar feelings and challenges, and they got through it. They weren't geniuses and were no smarter than you. You have what it takes.
You just need to believe you have what it takes, remember your vision, and most importantly... study smart.
Study smart by using the proven top scorer MCAT strategies that have already been figured out for you.
Find your weakness using these strategies, fix it, establish the perfect MCAT prep process that works for you, and we promise, this will be the last time you ever have to write the MCAT...
We know you got this,
The MedLife Mastery Team
Your "MCAT Success" Mentors
Additional Reading -- MCAT Success Stories:
- How Jennifer Increased Her MCAT Score By 10 Points In Less Than 30 Days
- A 17-Point MCAT Score Increase: 496 to 513! (ft. Stephanie Hayes)
- From 490 To 511 On The MCAT: His 21 Point Score Increase
- Siraj’s 3-Month 523 MCAT Study Plan As A Full-Time Student
- From 485-495 Plateau + 4 MCAT Attempts To 514 (1.5 Years Later!)
- 41-Year-Old Accountant and Father Dominates The MCAT With a 520!
- Noah’s MCAT Success Story: From 496 To 510 On The MCAT In Less Than 30 Days!
- 19 Point MCAT Score Increase In 6 Weeks While Working Full Time
- From 500 Plateau to 516 in Less than 30 Days (ft. Abbi Shrontz)
- How I Went From 500 To 513 on the MCAT In 4 Weeks
- From 501 Plateau To 513 On The MCAT
- From 499 to 512 on the MCAT in 24 Days
- Melissa’s MCAT Scores Kept Going Down, But She Didn’t Give Up
- How Tanmay Scored 514 On The MCAT In Just 3 Months!
- How Peter Went From 499 To 513 On The MCAT In 8 Weeks
- From 494 (2015) to 502 (2019) to 513 on the MCAT (ft. Jennifer Nagel)
- From 498 To 514 WITH A Busy Schedule!
- From 499 To 511 In 4 Weeks On MCAT Retake!
- From 500 To 512 (Exact Goal Score) In 30 Days!
- From 500 To 514 On The MCAT (2.5 Years Later)
- From 501 To 514 In The LAST 2 WEEKS Before The MCAT!
- How Kayla Scored 131 In Psych/Soc on the MCAT
- How He Increased His MCAT Score From 499 To 512 In 3 Weeks
- From 489 To 509: How She Improved Her MCAT Score By 20 Points
- 6 Point Score Increase In the Last Week Before the MCAT
- How Melanie Increased Her MCAT Score By 12 Points (From 505 to 517)
- Interview with a 519 Scorer, Re-Taker, and MS1: Julia Meguro
- MCAT Master Interview With A 100th Percentile Scorer: Priya Swaminathan
- Best MCAT Bio/Biochem Strategies – Top Tips From A 131 Scorer
- From 499 To 515 On The MCAT In 7 Weeks!
- Hope’s MCAT Retake Story: I Went From 500 to 514 In 6 Weeks!
- How Oleksandra Retook The MCAT and Scored 510
- How Suman Scored Over 510 The Second Time
- From 503/505 To 511 In The FINAL 2 Weeks!
- How Sara Scored 522 On The MCAT
- Taylor's Secret To Scoring 131 On CARS and 511 on the MCAT
- Tara’s MCAT Study Advice Based On Her 510 MCAT Score
- Jenny's Motivational MCAT Success Story: From 499 To 511 In 3 Weeks?!
- A Non-Traditional Applicant’s 514 (91st Percentile)
- How Lindsay Scored 513 On The MCAT While Working Two Jobs
- How Morgan Improved Her MCAT Score From 498 To 511 While Working Full Time
- 10-Point MCAT Score Jump in 2 Weeks: From 503 to 513!
- Can You Have A Social Life During MCAT Prep? (ft. two 515+ scorers!)