How do top scorers study for the MCAT? This is a question we've been obsessed with answering for MANY years.
It's the reason why we interview top MCAT scorers, so we can extract their methods, strategies, recommendations, and piece together the most efficient, smartest, highest leverage MCAT study system on the planet, which we then deliver to you 🙂
In a recent interview, we interviewed a 99th percentile scorer, Sara Zayed. She scored a 522 and as you'll discover in her interview, getting to this score wasn't easy for her...
"Being able to achieve the score that I did took a lot of blood, sweat, and tears."
In fact, Sara was intimidated by the MCAT for years! It was one of the biggest barriers keeping her from the idea of applying to med-school...
If you haven't heard her interview yet, you can download it here:
Below we've included some key points and quotes from her interview! Enjoy 🙂
Key Points & Highlighted Quotes
How To Apply These Top Scorer Insights Into Your MCAT Prep
First we want you to understand that every top scorer, that you look up to, has gone through the pain of MCAT prep...
Each one of us, your mentors at MCAT Mastery, have experienced it. We know how frustrating it can be to be stuck at a certain score or not knowing how to master such a massive amount of content for the ONE exam that determines if you get to continue on your doctor journey...
So know that 1) you can get through this, just like we did and 2) you're not alone, we're always here for you.
Sometimes it can be overwhelming, even when you get so many amazing insights, on how to even START implementing them. This interview for example, was FILLED with some awesome wisdom on how to increase your score and get a competitive score on the MCAT...
But you might feel paralyzed at what to do next.
We recommend following a system, a step-by-step path, on how to increase your score.
Starting with the ideal schedule (based on top scorer templates), to steps for mastering content, mastering mindset, the best and most recommended resources, mastering MCAT test taking and practice (which includes pacing, timing), learning strategies for each individual MCAT section, then mastering exam day strategies. This is the clearest way we've seen students increase scores quickly and efficiently.
It's all about learning HOW to study, which is our focus. Which is what we've covered in the MCAT Mastery Strategy Guide here.
If you prefer to have someone do the work for you and tell you exactly what you need to do, then we're here to help you with one-on-one MCAT mentoring as well.
Lastly, know you have what it takes. If you truly want to be a doctor, this one exam isn't going to keep you from that dream.
You got this,
The MedLife Mastery Team
Your MCAT Success Mentors
Additional Reading -- MCAT Success Stories:
- How Jennifer Increased Her MCAT Score By 10 Points In Less Than 30 Days
- A 17-Point MCAT Score Increase: 496 to 513! (ft. Stephanie Hayes)
- From 490 To 511 On The MCAT: His 21 Point Score Increase
- Siraj’s 3-Month 523 MCAT Study Plan As A Full-Time Student
- From 485-495 Plateau + 4 MCAT Attempts To 514 (1.5 Years Later!)
- 41-Year-Old Accountant and Father Dominates The MCAT With a 520!
- Noah’s MCAT Success Story: From 496 To 510 On The MCAT In Less Than 30 Days!
- 19 Point MCAT Score Increase In 6 Weeks While Working Full Time
- From 500 Plateau to 516 in Less than 30 Days (ft. Abbi Shrontz)
- How I Went From 500 To 513 on the MCAT In 4 Weeks
- From 501 Plateau To 513 On The MCAT
- From 499 to 512 on the MCAT in 24 Days
- Melissa’s MCAT Scores Kept Going Down, But She Didn’t Give Up
- How Tanmay Scored 514 On The MCAT In Just 3 Months!
- How Peter Went From 499 To 513 On The MCAT In 8 Weeks
- From 494 (2015) to 502 (2019) to 513 on the MCAT (ft. Jennifer Nagel)
- From 498 To 514 WITH A Busy Schedule!
- From 499 To 511 In 4 Weeks On MCAT Retake!
- From 500 To 512 (Exact Goal Score) In 30 Days!
- From 500 To 514 On The MCAT (2.5 Years Later)
- From 501 To 514 In The LAST 2 WEEKS Before The MCAT!
- From 64th Percentile To 98th Percentile On The MCAT In Less Than 30 Days
- How He Increased His MCAT Score From 499 To 512 In 3 Weeks
- How Kayla Scored 131 In Psych/Soc on the MCAT (MCAT Case Study)
- From 489 To 509: How Miriam Improved Her MCAT Score By 20 Points
- 6 Point Score Increase In the Last Week Before the MCAT
- How Melanie Increased Her MCAT Score By 12 Points (From 505 to 517)
- Interview with a 519 Scorer, Re-Taker, and MS1: Julia Meguro
- MCAT Master Interview With A 100th Percentile Scorer: Priya Swaminathan
- Best MCAT Bio/Biochem Strategies – Top Tips From A 131 Scorer
- From 499 To 515 On The MCAT In 7 Weeks!
- Hope’s MCAT Retake Story: I Went From 500 to 514 In 6 Weeks!
- How Oleksandra Retook The MCAT and Scored 510
- How Suman Scored Over 510 The Second Time
- From 503/505 To 511 In The FINAL 2 Weeks!
- Taylor's Secret To Scoring 131 On CARS and 511 on the MCAT
- Tara’s MCAT Study Advice Based On Her 510 MCAT Score
- Jenny's Motivational MCAT Success Story: From 499 To 511 In 3 Weeks?!
- A Non-Traditional Applicant’s 514 (91st Percentile)
- How Lindsay Scored 513 On The MCAT While Working Two Jobs
- How Morgan Improved Her MCAT Score From 498 To 511 While Working Full Time
- 10-Point MCAT Score Jump in 2 Weeks: From 503 to 513!
- Can You Have A Social Life During MCAT Prep? (ft. two 515+ scorers!)